Tuesday, November 13, 2007

victorious musings

Word count: 20,509
Today: 5,430
To go: 29,491


My goal for the long weekend was to hit 20k and catch up. True to habit, not only did I catch up, I achieved my few-hundred-word buffer as well. Hooray!

I also played around a little with Q10. It'd probably work well if I wasn't so reliant on switching windows quickly (checking Pokemon stats, mostly) and if I wasn't such a MWord whore. Yeah. About that. Then I had to reformat by hand (fixing line breaks and indents) after switching back to MWord, and that took awhile.

Plot took another unexpected deviance, too. What I had expected going in was that Adalee would lose to either Lance or Agatha the first time, and make it all the way through the second. I don't know if it was fatigue or just a natural deviance, but she pushed through the first time with a nicely anticlimactic battle at the end. Either way, I'll run with it, and it's not the first deviance this month. I didn't see the Onix migration cutting her trip through Victory Road short coming, either. And that was a really awkward sentence.

I feel like I need to give her more weaknesses, besides all of the personal ones that are emerging. I guess it balances out...? While making a real name for herself professionally, she's also proving to be almost co-dependent and extremely anxious/not confident at all. (see: nearly throwing up a few times between battles). She also caught a series of lucky breaks, some administered through examiners (Bruno) and some occurring naturally. I figure this is just more of my life experiences popping up. One of my biggest physical accomplishments I caught a heavy break in too. It dilutes the sense of accomplishment a little, but if you have faith that you could have pulled it off anyway, then it's not so bad.

I'm updating this afternoon because by the time I hit 20k, I was DONE thinking about NaNo and off to play with the cat.

YAAY I'M CAUGHT UP and I had a 5k day. Huzzah. I'm really just happy that I'm out of the thousands of words of battles and into the fun stuff, namely heavy characterization. Yaaay.


Favorite line: She stood there with a terrified look on her face until General Volt walked up to her and zapped her lightly in the knee.

No comments: