Word count:
Page:
Words left:
Need to change my settings, too.
I finished the first reread of Convention tonight. And like Coach Fisher says, it's neither as bad as I thought or as good. Well, that's a lie. It's just better than I thought. Reading certain parts made me smile. The parts I thought sucked were actually fine. I did a lot of surface and mechanical editing and fixed a few inconsistencies. Convention actually has four parts: prologue, Week One, Week Two, and epilogue.
Now do I do a part VIII? It can legitimately end now and stand on its own. It would be fun to see Adalee struggle through the pre-reqs, how the Dian and Sunny things resolve, and Jaaren branch out on his own, but I think a lot of it could be inferred. From a reader's POV, I would want confirmation. From a reader's POV, I'm selfish. From an author's POV, I'm tired!
I'm so glad it's done. :D Finished in the month of November, even! It's just over 400k. I'm gonna wait a few days and then start the second read, from the beginning. Could take awhile.
SAO is plaguing me with stuff, but won't commit to the actual writing. It is... annoying. I really need to figure out what to do with that. Everything else is coasting on a back burner.
If I ever get SAO, poD, Sinistral, and fs squared away, I am really not going to know what to do with myself.
Why are the animals all hyper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment