Thursday, December 24, 2009

this is actually a good thing.

Word count:
Project:


As I read/mock/think too hard about breaking dawn (that does not deserve to be capitalized), I am learning a lot about the characters I've involved.

Jena and Nemaira are legitimately terrified of the honeymoon scene and readily admit so.
Linnana and Analinn are still very much so twins, and will share most things but never ever a garter. (Their menfolk approve of this.)
Lucien wants to impress Linnana, but he's still a guy.
Jarik has strong convictions about certain sexual practices.
Carlo/Nemaira is a possibility that the twins might cultivate for their own purposes.
Nemaira's a dancer.
Carlo, while liking him plenty and willing to go drinking with him/talk sports, does resent Jarik to a degree.
Lucien is more than willing to ally himself with Jarik, even without Analinn as a bridge.


It had all been simpler than I'd expected; we'd fit together like corresponding pieces, made to match up.

Analinn: *coughing*
Jarik: You did not.
Carlo: Yeah, maybe like puzzle pieces being jammed together by an over-enthusiastic preschooler.
Lucien: That is a hell of a mental image.
Janae: That I can’t get out of my head oh someone help me.
Carlo: Heh.


Analinn: I’d just jump him.
Janae: Isn’t that rape?
Analinn: No comment.
Lucien: Damn.
Carlo: I hate you so much.
Jarik: *grin*


I'd started out slow with innocent ivory satins, worried that revealing more of my skin would be the opposite of helpful, but ready to try anything. Edward seemed to notice nothing, as if I were wearing the same ratty old sweats I wore at home.

Jarik: Okay, seriously? Seriously? It’s like... it’s like they arrived to the right conclusion eventually, but took all the wrong ways to get there!
Analinn: Can I go home now?
Linnana: *thoughtful*


"I'll make you a deal," I said sleepily.
"I will not make any deals with you," he answered.

Jarik: Damn. If I tried this shit I’d never get laid again.
Lucien: Good girl.
Analinn: I try.


Jena: DYING A VIRGIN.
Nemaira: ME TOO.
Analinn: There, there. Remember, this is a horror novel. You’ll be fine.
Jena: *clings to her arm* Right now I don’t even care that you married my fucking brother. Just tell me it won’t go down like this.
Analinn: It will not go down like this and it even tries... well, you know who to call.
Jena: Just don’t get caught.
Jarik: Promise.
Nemaira: What scares me more is that guys our age see our classmates drooling over this shit pile and think that’s what we want.
Carlo: Breathe easy; guys aren’t nearly that stupid. They see those girls and think ‘easy target.’ Practice runs. And you guys are not practice runs. You are what the practice runs are for.
Jena: *slowly lets go*
Nemaira: Normally you’re a smart ass, but I have to thank you for that.
Yanna: Just tell me that offer extends to those of us who are more or less screwed from birth.
Analinn & Jarik: Yes.
Linnana: I can’t get you off for homicide.
Jarik: It won’t be.
Lucien: Weeee should talk.
Analinn: Probably.


Jena: I’m so waiting for Predator to show up.
Jarik: How the hell do you know this shit?
Jena, snippily: I am not six, Jarik. I can watch a stupid alien sci-fi movie. Dad watched it with me! I can figure out what’s behind the curtains at movie rental stores! Give me some credit!
Analinn, sighing: Guuuyys. Please? Not now? Not with me literally in the middle?
Yanna, sardonically: Oh, how symbolic.
Analinn: *glare*


Janae: Wa. Ter. Mark.
Jena: *shifts closer and starts clinging again* He’s legit scary.
Nemaira: Nooo shit.
Carlo: *cocks head*


Carlo: Haha, predatory blood drinker. Yeah, I bet.
Jarik: Considering what we already know...
Carlo: Yeah, pretty much. Ugh.
Janae: It’s pretty sad how much this is getting to us all.
Jarik, with an arm around Analinn: Yeah. Kind of depressing.

No comments: