Wednesday, December 3, 2008

and in conclusion...

Page: 90
Word Count: 71270
Words Left: ??

3 days later. >.>

My final amount as far as NaNo is officially concerned is 70464, which is FINE AND DANDY. I know I set my goal as 75k, but that'll be next year. This year the official month-long goal was 50k until I hit that streak of 5k days and I went ahead and bumped it to the 60k I had longed for, and I didn't verify on the site until 60k. Then I just went to see how far I could get. And that was... 70464.

Pretty spiffy for only one month, especially given that I wasted 7 days.

So my grand numerical totals are:
68.42 hours
2349 average words a day
2.28 average hours a day

Skewed for the 7 days I did all of jack, it's more like 3072 words/day and 2.97 hours/day, which is actually a little more realistic when looking at the day-by-day part of the spreadsheet. And my progress graph is just nuts. :P It looks like it's got a bite taken out of it.

Outliers:
biggest days: 7304 words, 5.75 hours, 2 writing sessions; 7231 words, 5.5 hours, 2 writing sessions
smallest days: 702 words, 1 hour, 1 writing session; 746 words, 1 hour, 2 writing sessions

And man, the 30k's dragged. Every other 10k increment flew. 40k, 50k, and 60k all took about two and a half DAYS. 30k took almost a week and a half. 20k's three days, 10k's four, >10k's six.

My overall morale was high with four big dips, including day 1 when I was driving through Georgia all day so I was obviously put out. Throughout the month I was fairly confident, even during that 30k stretch.


NANO IS SO MUCH MORE FUN WITH A GIANT ANAL RETENTIVE SPREADSHEET.

No comments: