Wednesday, December 24, 2008

aaaand... right now i'm hot

Page: 111
Project: Ambidextral

5582 last night this morning. With, no lie, some awesome lines.

Lucien: ...Being noble sucked.
Lucien: He reassured himself that most people that he would find himself talking to in the future would not be Linnana Irenown. Unless she found a way to clone herself. In that case, he was throwing in the towel early and retiring to a nice Torren beachside condominium at the ripe old age of twenty-six.
Lucien: Come to think of it, those two were pretty much verbal bludgeons...

Jarik: Daxter leaned back in his chair and regarded his lazy little protégé with a dark thoughtfulness. “How legally?”

Linnana: If anything, the dynasty demanded it. And if she procrastinated too long, she had irrational fears of her mother coming after her in the night with a turkey baster.

There were some other excerpts that I just liked, like the entire Daxter-Jarik scene. Loved that one. I also like the way Lucien-Linnana-Analinn-Janae played off each other. When I pick up again later, I'll be jumping straight to the post-dinner twins convo.

Characters are evolving. Lucien's settling in and Linnana's calming down. Janae's remarkably edgy and no one knows why, although Analinnn is brushing it off as Shifter restlessness, despite the fact that she's not a Shifter. And the Daxter-Jarik dynamic, and the dynamics at the office, just thrill me.

Note: There are a lot of emails in the muse LJ that I've been using as invisible backbone throughout this chapter so I have something definite on how much any given one knows.

No comments: