Monday, October 24, 2011

trying to make sense of this

Word count:
Project:


So it's random sentence time! Sooner or later, I'll wrap it into one neat little package. Until then, it's scatterdrill time. Yes, I am pillaging the hell out of my quotes file.

(There is a lot of random shit from HS AIM convos in there. Yikes.)


"Out beyond ideas of rightdoing and wrongdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."

"Be the trouble you want to see in the world."

"Everyone wants something."

"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

"Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion."

"Because fighting is easier than figuring out what else to do."

"XVI—The Tower
Everyone wants to be admired. Others embellish the truth, but what’s necessary and real will prevail. Illusions will be shattered, enemies revealed. Don’t be upset if things don’t turn out as planned. Try to compromise and see others’ points of view.
When Reversed:
Delays are inevitable. A fall from glory is likely. Be prepared to change course midstream. Cooperation is minimal; pushiness is plentiful. Meet opposition with compassion and sympathy."
—Tarot, by Dennis Fairchild"

"You can discover what your enemy most fears by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

"But the past is just the same
and War's a bloody game...
Have you forgotten yet...?
Look down and swear by the slain
of the War that you'll never forget."

"Inhibitions are cause by one's thoughts about themselves. To remove inhibitions one must remove their own self image."

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."

“You don’t like where your life is going. You want to change that. Don’t let fear and stubbornness keep you from finding it.”

“People believe what they want to believe, lass. And it isn’t always the truth. Sometimes it has nothing to do with the truth.”

“Don’t let fear rob you of joy, lass. If you can trust him with your life, why not your heart?”

"My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you that I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in 5 minutes."

"Just once would have been forgivable. I could have blamed it on shock or something. I was, er, disturbed. Grieving for my lost humanity. Easily taken advantage of. Just once would have been okay. But how the hell do I explain four times? Can't reason myself out of that."

"Just do it. Just do it, and if that doesn’t work do it harder and meaner."

"(It hadn’t mattered that the adults let the little thieving brats die, in the end the tiny rotting bodies full of plague spread flies and sores as though the fear had served as lines of gunpowder for sulfurous matches. Disease had caught the scent of the grown-ups’ fear-sweat and nipped at their heels until their bodies gave up and collapsed. Ashes to ashes.)"

"You can't do what you have to do, if you are preoccupied by your virtuous horror."

"I'm just trying to kill people. It's not personal. It's just time to go to war."

No comments: