Word count:
Project:
I am super ambitious this year. There will be some kind of attempt at 50kday on November 1. There is... whatever I get roped into in Atlanta weekend. There is 50kweekend over Thanksgiving. This has a minimum of 150. I've done 150-160k the last two years, so that in and of itself isn't scary.
The part where I am, at the moment, dismissive and tired of every single idea percolating in my head I find scary and slightly worrisome.
I've been trying to untangle the two Pokemon fics to finish poD, and it's... boring me. There are a couple things I sketched out that excited me, but mostly, it smells like a chore.
Terrorist novel, Flashback? For one, I have no idea what the title refers to beyond that the original idea was conceived like 10 years ago and thinking back is like a flashback. And I'm still kind of digging around for something to sink my fingers into.
Clone/cannibalism story I'm still stuck on.
Ghosts & Humanity I'm still stuck on, although that has serious potential if I could just get a grip.
Desire & Brimstone is in the same boat.
I am completely stuck on the White Terror one.
I've been stuck on Unholy for so long I gave up on it.
Seriously, there are EIGHT FUCKING NOVELS in my head and I can't find any of them.
Obviously, I could just... start over. Come up with something entirely new, something exciting. Totally wing it and pray. That's the spirit of this whole thing, but I am a bit too OCD and set in my ways to get behind that. It's like I've had all of these in my head for so long that they've all lost their sparkle. But they're still so good!
I need a song. I need something to say. And I need the story in which to draw it.
...Hit me, Last.fm.
Poets of the Fall and the The Truth Is album want a home. Maybe I should just loop them for the next two weeks and see what they offer me.
Time to bring out the big guns.
Time to play Solitaire for two hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment