Wednesday, August 25, 2010

from the nano boards, plot bunnying.

Word count:
Project:


Me: Hey guys, I need something that is not silly goopy fluff and I am NOT writing that melodrama, kthx.
Analinn: We'll see about that.
Me: NO. I HAVE STANDARDS. LOW ONES. THAT I TRIP OVER. BUT THEY'RE THERE.
Jarik: I love that phrase.
Me: I know. You've stolen it at least once. NO. Come up with some other epic-y climax.
Jarik: *grin*
Me: Shut up I hate you.
Analinn: But...
Me: NO
Analinn: It's Torren! Bad things always happen there!
Jarik: Except when we win in football. But yeah! Torren!
Me: No. Unless you promise an AWESOME expansion on that incident from the first book.
Analinn: I can do that! And I can let you do your homework at the same time!
Me: Go on...
Jarik: Am I getting laid out of this?
Me: Go back to your corner.
Jarik: I want flashbacks. Fun ones.
Me: You are so not helpful right now.
Analinn: Um... maybe I can incorporate the bridge--
Me: Future, people, not past. I don't care about your silly getting together stories right now.
Analinn: Fine, I won't talk to you.
Me: Reminisce in my head all you want, but what I'm going to write is the future, not your awkward teenage/early twenties selves.
Jarik: You're not getting to sleep tonight.
Analinn: I'll bring back... that one chick, with the babies. That'll get shot.
Me: This is why you'll never be a hero.
Analinn: Please, I'm already a hero.
Me: Your idolizing younger sisters don't count.
Analinn: Shows what you know.
Jarik: Can I punch Lucien?
Me: WHAT?
Jarik: Tristan. I meant Tristan.
Me: YOU DID NOT.
Jarik: Both?
Me: ...Why do you want to punch Lucien? Why can't you have friends? And nice things? Why do all of your friends end up slugged in the face?
Analinn: Only people who deserve it...
Jarik: He's deserving it.
Me: I don't even know what to do with you.
Analinn: But you have two months and then 100k words, minimum, to figure it out! BTW: Torren. Crap going down. Social engineering. Eugenics. Babies getting shot. Advent of firearms into criminal culture. Intelligence & Foreign Policy homework. Let's get cracking.
Me: Please don't recreate a third-world Nazi Germany down there.
Analinn: =D
Jarik: Seriously, it'll be more like a third-world Soviet Union, what with the state-forced industrialization and drafting. Less sugar on top, more everyone's-lives-suck. Less focused genocide, more killin' for the sake of killin'. If we can't have your awesome genes, no one can!
Me: You're going to sing the purge song.
Jarik: You're **** right I'm gonna sing the purge song.
Analinn: And Len and Sevelin are like the little satellite states who would much rather be doing something else, but don't have the political capital or the friends, due to previous hostilities, to bail them out.
Me: You're gonna redo the Cold War, aren't you.
Analinn: Psh. That would involve some form of fear of MAD. Not so much. They're not THAT advanced. They just wish they were. Nah, we're making our OWN war. Yay! And we're gonna do it right!
Jarik: Haha, you've got sooo much work ahead of you, just figuring out the little nuances in the alliance systems. Sucker!
Analinn: It's a shame you already named Padrik. It'd be awesome to have someone's name be an anagram for Lenin or something.
Jarik: The lackey who'll convert and bail your sister out can be nicknamed Snowball.
Me: I hate you all. I'm going back to Pokemon if you're going to be dropping Animal Farm references the whole time.
Analinn: ICE PICK IN MEXICO YEESSSS

No comments: