Word count: 167397
Project: Sinistral
Second draft done! Well, typed. Needs to be read through again. With tense changes and hyphens especially looked at. It's going to yWriter now for the scene view. Well, actually, because I'm OCD and it helps me figure out chapters/pacing. I actually really need to sketch plot lines and then attach those scenes to those plot lines.
HOLY CRAP.
It actually makes me want to work on Beautiful.
And Analinn is actually far more well-developed than I thought she was.
I cut about 5k worth of scenes, not counting single lines and words. I might actually have a plot now! Which means Beautiful needs a plot besides being a filler "bridge" book between Sinistral and Unholy. Heck, even Unholy doesn't have much of a plot, but at least it's gonna get Snowflaked.
Other things: apparently "sour" is a motif that I could expand on; I had a theme last night in mind but I lost it; I hate first person; I killed a lot of worthless exposition; my details could be much richer but it's being sacrificed for the first-person authenticity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment