Monday, January 18, 2010

whee!

Word count: 16768
Project: D&S

Pretty much writing D&S exclusively. (There was a scene in V&W, leading up to the meeting with the MMs and Pele, and suggesting quite plainly that Ardith and Jared haven't quite adjusted to each other yet.) They're going in novel format, or at least the major ones. M&M won't be, but V&W and LLMM will be too. I don't have yWriter on this computer, so I can't update scenes.

I can, however, celebrate about a 10k day! It was hard going. I took frequent breaks, my eyes glassed over often trying to figure out exactly what happened and how to say it, and it's generally very slow going. But it was fun writing all day! MoL snuck around a little bit, but that's on Toaster.

Only having limited projects on Henry is really good for my productivity. I only have Firestarter, EG, and Sinistral on the flash drive.

Regarding D&S progress:

Adam and Reqel have both proved themselves to be amoral assholes when it suits them.
Ana isn't being a pushover, but she's not standing up and asking the questions she needs to, either. She should have asked why Cass considers herself such a diplomatic liability, not glossed over it.
Cass is being a traumatized whiny brat. Jassily is acting fairly normal, as is Drew, but both have made it clear where their priorities lie.
Reqel's distress over her dual nature has been harped on for the last couple thousand words, and the focus has been emotional writing more than anything else. I'm glad Adam's POV is next so there's some balance. She's ripping herself apart; he's hardly batting an eye as long as she stays intact and next to him. They're both beautiful dissocial, whereas Ana is not; however, she has been strongly influenced by them.
A time line is absolutely necessary. I'd be so screwed otherwise.
Characters > plot. ATDT.

No comments: