Page: 494 !!
Project: SAO
First of all: I'm writing again! So excited! Looking forward to the approaching day when I can RP again! I miss Eastern and I miss my friends.
Second, I haven't done this much in one thing since Quad, and it's an interesting feeling.
Third, did a legit short story. It's about 10,100 words and based off a dream, and a deliberate attempt to deal with the street attitude that I'm trying to accept. I don't have a lot of emotional attachment to it, but I do think it could be pared down to 10k. Sunshine on Pavement. I'm willing to change the title if I come up with anything else. I binge-wrote it, but honestly, I'm not that attached. I'm not afraid someone will psychoanalyze me through it, or think I'm a romantic, or whatever. The sheer lack of exploration and detail boggles me a little, but it's short and a quick look at a certain character type/mentality/lifestyle. That's all I wanted it for.
In a way, it was kind of a mental purge, and I feel empty for it to a degree. *shrug* It gets the 7k tag because it was definitely a lot of words in one session, but I think I had to stop a few times for food/dogs/whatever, so no record.
I haven't proofread it yet. I'm looking forward to that.
Fourth, SAO is aliiiiive again! Up to 233,188. Did 2764 last night. Tracing and acknowledging character growth in some areas. I like Megan as a narrator, but I'm looking forward to writing other things in that world without being stuck looking through her eyes--there is so much more! I love some of JD's takes on things, and I might write a short Adam thing because he's fun. I want to write things Megan doesn't see or hear of.
I've got a slowly growing file of little tiny future scenes, almost always in third person limited. I did the Hinder one (5967) (I need a new group; I'm willing to use corporate names, but not bands) and a post-wedding one (903). I can't wait to write that wedding, although if I'm still in Megan POV that'll be difficult if only because I don't want to and it'll be JD driving the scene, so his perspective will be so much more interesting. Writing the reactions isn't nearly as much fun as writing the actions.
--And, HOW ARE MY DOCUMENTS MYSTERIOUSLY GOING INTO READ-ONLY? >:(
Fifth, I love my little collection of one shots and short stories. Since I finally finished Vida, it's reading material for me! Whoo!
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment