Saturday, February 18, 2012

things i wrote when i was 14

Word count:
Project:

I found a notebook! With like 30 pages of melodramatic narrative babble! ...And each character written in a different gel pen.


"Jade watched her older brother and his best friend talk to their alien friends."
(I clearly left out the "hot" modifier.")

"Knowing and believing are two different things."

"Let's say you guys are on Earth and we get caught. Where's my 'sister?'"
"Picking flowers?"

At 14, I knew that "'til" was not spelled with two L's. ...TWILIGHT I AM CALLING YOU OUT.

I... also just used "ejaculated" in a way it should not be used.

LOL I was pathologically allergic to deathfic even at 14.

"Like the slow pressure of a tongue through bubblegum until the gum is so taut it breaks and the tongue breaks through, annoying the people nearby."

I also liked "like a life preserver." You can tell I spent a lot of time on boats at that age. (I miss boats.)



I was trite at 14, but I'm not entirely ashamed.

2 comments:

cosmam said...

"Ejaculated" should be used in any place in might sort of kind of fit. Period.

Rachel said...

I am not mature enough to use that word and NEITHER ARE YOU.

...I was more mature 11 years ago than I am now. Heaven help me.