Word count: 92059
Project: flashback 2
Day 3. Scene still sticky. It's very difficult, I'll give it that. Keely is formally going over to the dark side. And as much as I want to say fuck it and come up with something else that's not so hard to convey to my standards, that would be violating the integrity of the story and require a lot of retconning.
I'm not trying to perfect it, just get it up to par with the rest so I can move on. Es muy dificil. Ochen trudno. Have I ever mentioned how hilariously bad I am at transliteration? Because I am. And yes, I'm aware that the last i should be accented. Bite me.
This linguistic tangent brought to you by my frequent pondering of whether or not I should incorporate any actual Gaelic or Latin. Ostensibly this whole thing is being told in Latin, since that's the language being spoken by the characters. But I wuss out and do the whole "it was in Gaelic" descriptor rather than try anything ambitious. Gaelic is too hard to bullshit.
Come on, scene, work with me.
familiarity breeds contempt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment