Word count: 794
Project: Children of War
Avert yon eyes, children under 18:
I wrote a short story.
I HAVE NO EXCUSES, NOR APOLOGIES.
This is how it started: an article about zapping testicles as birth control. I tweeted it.
cosmam: It looks like it could help, but not be 100%. That whole "lower" not "eliminate" sperm count.
me: Yeeeah--and the possibility of mutated sperm swimming around just waiting to pass on 3 legs to match their 3 tails is not cool.
cosmam: Unless they pass on laser beam eyes and the ability to chill drinks with a glance, I don't want mutant babies.
me: Ugh, not even then! Can you imagine the terrible two's with LASER BEAM EYES? #burninatingthecountryside #stephenkingwrotethisalready
cosmam: They would just be blindfolded until they were twelve. Because that wouldn't impair their development at all.
me: Just in time to be horny teenagers, and accidentally perpetuate the whole cycle of mutated sperm with their laser eyes!
cosmam: If the sperm have laser eyes, then they will have a hard time conceiving. Pew pew! No egg.
me: But first we need to mutate them into HAVING eyes.
cosmam: Which is somehow creepier than sperm shooting lasers.
me: Naaah. A few good hits or zaps should work. And then... we selectively breed the... sperm?
cosmam: I'm just imagining the poor woman who has to deal with the sperm. Millions of eyes, and they're all inside you, crawling around.
me: That is not any creepier than eye-less sperm, powering blindly into tissue and dying one by one 'til they find the Egg--to HEADBUTT.
cosmam: I think dumb, suicidal brutes is less creepy than things that can see you. They could watch you sleep!
me: They're already INSIDE and actively out to impregnate me. Watching me sleep from the inside out is not so bad.
me: Sad image: dying sperm flopping and gasping like dying goldfish on a bed/inhospitable surface. Unseen. Unheard. ALL AROUND YOU.
cosmam: Maybe I am just more freaked out by millions of things watching me sleep than getting pregnant.
cosmam: Seeking shelter, wiggling only for a place to live. One lone survivor hangs on for as long as possible, but eventually succumbs.
me: This would be the best short story ever. BRB.
cosmam: When you're done, I demand to read it.
chomsky: I have been following this discussion for a little while. I have popcorn.
And voila. I wrote... either something about the patriarchy and sexualization of conflict, or the most immature metaphor ever.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It awkwardly fitted my International Relations class. This was perfect.
YAY I did good!
Post a Comment