Sunday, January 8, 2012

this is addictive

Word count: 193081
Project: flashback 1 & 2

Have I shared this before? Because I love this.

Fireworks, she wondered, guessing at the contents but preferring ignorance given the chance. Brass knuckles? Other instruments of violence? Accelerant? Lighters? What the hell did her sweet boyfriend cart around with him while he was on missions to help the world burn?



And yes, my word count is fluctuating as I add verbs I forgot, delete repeated words, and generally clean the thing up to a point where I can actually edit the story itself. I have entire scenes marked for deletion and scenes marked to add, and scenes that I just don't know what to do with. This'll be fun. Or something.


Unrelated, what the hell, you two. I have two complete deviants running around in my head: (#thisiswhatyouget)
Xan had not taken the news of her involvement well. Nor the news that, since they would be out so late, that he was taking her and Adrian’s spot in the second room. Both she and Adrian kept their mouths absolutely shut on that, nodding along like it made all the sense in the world, and there was no reason to giggle shamefacedly about what Xan would be sleeping in.

Knowing Xan, though, he would likely keep his jacket on and just sleep on top of the blankets. His paranoia would unwittingly save him for once.


Yes, that is referring to what you think it is. See my overly-adamant denials about not writing porn, really.


Kittens don’t have rough sex. They sure as hell don’t like it.

...

It was close to midnight when he finally agreed. They slipped into jackets and went outside, no less nonchalant than anyone going outside for a smoke… back before the price of cigarettes went through the stratosphere and into space beyond, where no one could hear it scream.


LIFE LESSONS. Stillnotporn. Stilldon'tknowwhatI'mwriting.


This is definitely coming with a suggested playlist.

No comments: