Project: More or Less
I will not go back to my NaNo. I will not go back to my NaNo. I will not go back to my NaNo. I will not go back to my NaNo. I will not go back to my NaNo. I will not go back to my NaNo. I will not go back to my NaNo. I will not go back to my NaNo.
Yes, I typed all of that. No copying and pasting. I WILL wait at LEAST 14 days before I prod tentatively at Flashback and pray that it doesn't explode all over me.
But I can talk about it!
I ended with 254k. I did unspeakable things to
Flashback finished with each part just under 100k. Which is... disturbingly reasonable, for me. I think 100k is turning into my novel magic number. Firestarter ended around 100k, and I think most of the others I've written are around the 80-100k region. Except Sinistral, which is about 160k, but that's an entirely different ballpark. That is pure lit fic. The rest of these, except for Firestarter, have a semblance of a plot.
Flashback did not finish with Keely asploding and the terrorists winning. This really annoys me. I want that scene. I want all of that.
I... do not want that to be the beginning of the third, and excuse me while I CURSE VIOLENTLY. [screams]
I had about 20k to kill after Flashback 2 ended (these titles are so subject to change) so I just screwed around. I wrote some random Flashback-verse crap. I gave voice every little random thing that had taunted me all month, 500 words at a time. And then I got started into MoL and that exploded, and has been exploding ever since. Jessie and AJ went on a roadtrip through South Dakota to Colorado and I am very jealous, and want to make this happen myself someday. Yay, Badlands National Park! I want. Nightwish's new album, which is completely amazing, is perfect. Again.
I did not actually write that last scene for V&W. I am going to some kind of hell. I did not actually finish any of what I said that I would.
In responsible news, I've hammered out like 30+ RP posts and basically caught up. I've determined that I'm capable of about 20 threads going at any given point. S'cool. It's busy. I also spent about 4 hours going through every. page. on. the. site checking for broken links and images. Found two pages' worth of things to be addressed.
...And now, NOW, NOW PEOPLE NOW, my right wrist and left-hand fingers are hurting.
I will not go back to my NaNo. I will not go back to my NaNo. I will not go back to my NaNo. I will not go back to my NaNo. I will not go back to my NaNo.
I will not let the sheer amount of line editing scare me into an early start. I will not let the sheer amount of line editing scare me into an early start. I will not let the sheer amount of line editing scare me into an early start.
I will not be seduced by the motifs in the end. I will not be seduced by the motifs in the end.
AHH BULLSHIT WIPS SAVE ME.

No comments:
Post a Comment