Word count: 149434
Project: Flashback 2
Yeah, I broke 'em up, after the first part ended very abruptly on me. Cool. Go me. I wrote a novel in 10 days. It's at 87500 right now, but I've got that prologue type thing to add to it. That'll push it to about 100k. Neato.
Part 1, in a nutshell: kind of shadowy, but full of warm fuzzies and light in places!
Part 2: This ain't a morality spiral, this is an epic water slide and we're screaming wheee all the way down.
I'm 10k into part 2 (started last night; going hogwild tonight to get to 150k and have 2 hours left to get less than 1k, so time to blather). Keely is going to be unrecognizable by the end. Everyone does things that should NOT leave a good taste in one's mouth. They're pretty much all going to hell, but they're still the protagonists. Still, narratively speaking (is that a word?), the good guys.
I was really tired when I started and just wanted to get my number so I could go crash, but I'm pretty excited now. :D Soon it'll be overall dark enough that I can use light as the contrast.
Yes, light and shadows and degrees of darkness are my motif, both literally and... whatever the proper word is for 'sentimentally.' This is really eating my brain.
I am also incorporating more Irish-Celtic mythology and folklore. It's fun. It fits in really freaking well.
I'm not sure how much I'll love this novel at the end, how proud of it I'll be, how much I like what it says, but damn does it want to be written. My fingermonkeys don't even think they're tired.
And new song: This Is Gonna Hurt -Sixx: AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment