Saturday, December 10, 2011

yaaaay i missed you

Word count: 7361
Project: Ghosts & Humanity

(Title subject to change. I don't like it. We'll see.)


Seriously, who lets me write YA? I have HS students learning life lessons like "Apparently incinerating groups of people at a time really was the best way to get others to leave you alone."


And apparently a sub-theme of this one is something about keeping secrets and priorities.



More life lessons:

“Traumatized ghosts are fairly harmless. Blood and flesh boys absolutely are not.”


Their father was just smiling. “You know, when I was your age, me and my brother just threw rocks at bulls and threw potassium in fish ponds. Maybe you should try that instead, the next time you get bored.”

Adam was distracted. “Was the explosion worth it?”

“Adam, I have told you several times: alkali metals are your best friend. Anything that ignites hydrogen will never let you down.”

Adam looked down at his spare hand. “But…”

“Lazy kids. Try real science sometime, not just magic.”

No comments: