Project: poD updates
I officially have more words written for future scenes than I do for the actual file. *mourn*
I just wanted to post and say that I am writing the best smartass of a Charizard ever, and I adore him, and I want one just like him.
In which Charmy worries for his trainer's state of mind and knows exactly what she was up to while she was allegedly working on an ice specialization and meeting with her bosses, and is congratulatory:
Finally, the ocean shone before them. It glittered in the still strong sun. The waves were calm, at least close to shore. Charmy slowed as they approached, and she could tell that his muscles burned. She patted his neck. They slowly descended, and he hit the ground with a tired thump.
“You are amazing.” She informed him as they landed and he shrugged uncomfortably. “And you’re getting a massage before I cage you again.”
He nosed at her worriedly.
“Nah. The sky was the dangerous part. Dewy and me will be fine in the water. We can outrace anything.” She patted him again.
He shook his head, dismissing her, although submitted gladly when she began the rubdown. He felt tight and warm under her hands. She dropped her backpack, intent on spending some time on land with solid ground under her feet. Her face felt cold and burned from the wind and still sunshine soothed it.
“What, then?”
He sat up on his back legs and nuzzled her in something akin to a hug.
Her cheeks went up in flames. “Oh. Charmy! It’s fine. I don’t know. I’ve been bratty all morning. I don’t know how he puts up with me.”
Charmy did not look convinced.
“No,” she insisted,”it’s fine. I’m fine.”
He quite clearly conveyed that she had come off as very depressed and he was, accordingly, concerned.
Her blush didn’t go anywhere. “Charmy,” she wheedled. “I’m sorry. Don’t worry about me. I don’t like leaving. I know we’re going home, but…” Good thing she was already blushing. “I wish it wasn’t a long distance thing, okay? I hate being separated.”
And she had the entire ride on Dewy to figure out why. It was more than just missing him. She got enough of his smug looks, witty repartee, and slightly distracted company through their usual video chats, and she wasn’t desperate or addicted enough to be whining herself to sleep every night because she was the only one in her bed. There was some other intangible.
Charmy, however, eyed her and processed that. He paced around her in a skeptical circle, sniffing her. She stood patiently and sighed.
“Yes, I spent all weekend with ice. You knew that.”
He snorted and kept sniffing curiously.
Her face burned even hotter as she realized what exactly he could be smelling. “Charmy!” Her voice rose in a shriek. “You’d better not—“
In a very human gesture picked up from Jaaren, he patted her head and continued his pacing. His long body curved around her, trapping her in his tight circle. She noticed a muscle twitch in his shoulders from overexertion and cataloged it absently. He didn’t seem to mind.
“You’re embarrassing the hell out of me,” she informed him, strangled. “Get this out of your system before we get home and people see this; you’re ridiculous.”
Charmy finished his inspection to his satisfaction, stood in front of her, and nosed at her in his usual approving and loving manner.
“What?” She asked bleakly.
He grinned at her, a big toothy grin, and flopped on his belly for the rest of his promised massage.

No comments:
Post a Comment