Monday, August 3, 2009

updating as a procrastination method

Page: 506 and 66
Project: SAO

I've done 66 pages of editing on the SAO draft file (new stuff will need to be C&P'ed, but honestly, it's like 450 pages away). MWord's editing features are so much fun. I have a notebook for general notes, but specific diction/syntax/continuity/characterization notes are in the file itself. No lie. It is fun. I forgot how much I've actually done. Knowing what comes next, when I didn't have a clue where I was going, makes reading it almost more fun than writing.

In the actual SAO file, which probably still needs to be cut in pieces because it takes far too long to load, I've started writing again. Wherein Megan is still hungover and JD is being twitchy and nigh-panicky over not knowing what to tell his family/predict and respond to their reactions.

I have also ventured tentatively back into RP. I'm JPing with a new girl (while sheepishly apologizing for my attention span, which rivals a guinea pig's lately).

As I edit, I become more and more awestruck at the size of this sucker. Whaaaaat. I really need to divide this into multiple books.

No comments: