Page: 9!
Project: poD: convention
I've relocated to the office because of the storm and you're... indifferent. Love you too.
I just finished reading through all 252k of what I already have, and it excited me. It's good! Reading it through after a break really helped me see some things that I was too involved to see before. I actually want to show people this one because I want to see if they read what I wrote (and didn't write). And what was I doing that first read-through? I had unfinished sentences hanging and really pathetic typos! Incorrect pronouns! Bad conjugations! Tense changes! Did I catch anything that first time?
The Adalee-Jaaren relationship is really complex. I'm pretty sure I did it justice. I'm not as positive Jie went through as well, but I think a single scene between Jie and Dessa explained almost everything one needs to know about that (and that was a good scene--a lot of these were good scenes). More than once I did a double-take and thought, I wrote this?!
I'm just disappointed that it's a damn Pokemon fanfic! Why couldn't I have done this with something original? Neither SAO nor Beautiful/Sinistral are as good, and I think Fantasy Stew will be too convoluted to dig in as deeply as I did.
If I do FS, then it'll probably be at least four parts from four different perspectives; if I did that, I might get to dig. And--oh ew--I might have to consciously acknowledge "the human condition." Does that make me a real lit fic writer?
For the record, poD is actually plot-driven, things happen, and some of them are quite exciting. :) I love this thing.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment