Thursday, April 30, 2009

musing

Page: 249
Project: SAO


I like writing. And the muses being coherent and realistic. I'm also rather happy with the Rickards' Catholicism. It throws an actual bone of contention between Melisandre and JD, because there is no way she will give up any sort of power, and she sees organized religion as a sign of helplessness and admission of no control. It makes me acknowledge and portray Catholicism accurately and favorably, which, after Helen and Jessica, shouldn't be toooo difficult. It gives depth, and an actual reason behind the abstinence conviction. The Conneways are a little harder. I think they were religious and regular church-goers, and I think that they all, individually, did some praying while overseas. But after Ellen's death the organized bit of it fell apart. So Megan and the kids are familiar with church even though they all dropped the habit, and Megan, at least, views it positively and given a good influence and motivation (like JD), would gladly return to it. Even if she felt awkward. That would also further the notion that Megan is a mirror of Ellen.

I'm really glad there's only an IC month to go before things really hit the ground running. July is the baptism party, the Melisandre and Uncle Louie meetings, the email and phone call, epic the make out session, the Starbuck buying, et cetera, in no particular order. :D And Megan has to start going to church and RCIA! Awww. This is gonna be adorable. And of course, working in Ailee and Laura and Fleet Week. Hehehe.

I am REALLY happy about Fleet Week and slightly creeped out how real-world events and geography just... come together for SAO. Even though I don't know what I'm talking about! At all! Horses or military! What the hell! And writing this almost makes me feel more amenable towards moving further north. It's kind of exciting.

I'm so going to have to rework the beginning.

No comments: