Page: same
Project: SAO
NO MORE CLASSES NO MORE PAPERS NO MORE ESSAYS!
*crosses fingers for sufficient grades* I feel so nervous celebrating when I'm not positive yet. I won't be positive until that diploma is posted to my transcript, but that won't be for awhile. Ugh. But I own a tassel!
But in the mean time, my brain is free! And I've seriously contemplated the possibility of sending off short stories and possibly getting paid for what I blow so much time on. Also, SAO gives me happy shivers for some reason lately. I mean, it's not like there's an appreciable plot to this thing. Although I'm sure I could find one. Somewhere. Lit fic all the way!
I have a motif (strength) and I have a title. I need a theme. I need a plot. I am 120k words in and I can't find either of them, although this is running very capably under its own power, so obviously it's there. I just have to find it.
In the story, Megan is finally really growing into her own and not being as subservient as she's been in the past. JD is getting over his hang-ups. Both Steph and Megan feel like they're not as glamorous as they should be for their family, but whereas Megan accepted it (and found a hot, rich, and competitive boyfriend), Steph is self-destructing rather than deal with the possibility that she could be the comparatively weak link. JD has been doing what's nebulously expected of him (work in the law office, compete, find an appropriate woman), isn't that pleased with it, and is letting Megan be his bad influence.
Theme: Sometimes you just don't fit the mold. Y/N?
I don't know how I feel about JD's legal career. He needs something with a hefty paycheck to do, but Jarik's growling about sharing and redundancy, and law is Jarik's thing. Computer science? Apparently software engineers in Norfolk make about 55k/yr, median. I can fudge that a bit. And I've done some research and some basic calculations. He can totally afford his current and future lifestyles on 55k/yr.
Which makes him and Mel software engineers instead of lawyer types, which is so much cooler and less stereotypical. And gives me lots of room to flesh Mel out.
...I'm going to go play with that now.
*quiet glee*
why is this so eeeeaassyyyy
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment