Wednesday, June 25, 2008

i will never believe this.

Project: pod
Page: 50!

The big 5-0. At least for this series. The page count is usually around 30-60. I think Sins of the Father is almost done. All I really have to do at this point is tie it back to their actual fathers in some way (if the volcano aspect doesn't already) and it's set. There will, in all likelihood, be a seventh part, though. -_- I mean, there has to be a conclusion/afterwards/epilogue part. I could feasibly end it with Jaaren getting his mastery, but as a reader I would be so pissed with so abrupt and final an ending. Gimme a nice, happy resolution!

If this were music, SotF would be the final accented quarter notes to end a piece. That's okay as an ending, but what's better and more pleasing to the listener is a long note, maybe a fermata, with the resolving chord.

It wouldn't be fair, at any rate, to end with SotF because I've already sort of alluded to what could come after. And it doesn't have to be epicly long like everything else! ...Right. I tell myself about every new .doc file I open.

Anyway! I love these characters, I love what I've done with this world, and it'll definitely be bittersweet to finally and conclusively end it. And at some point I'll write a stronger original novel so my best work to date won't be a Pokemon fanfic. Man, that grates on me.

On another note: it's interesting the length differences between this and dream bunny. 1500 words in dream bunny is a sneeze. It's a conversation or two. In poD, 1500 can be a lot. The difference is in the storytelling, I think. poD is in third person and is actual, give or take per any given segment, the best of my ability. dream bunny is in first person and so I have to 'dumb down' my descriptions and actual narration to correspond more with a feasible train of thought. More reasons why third person is better!

Tonight: 1,538
Total: 26,681

No comments: