Tuesday, April 12, 2011

i feel like i'm on strike... from school

Word count:
Project:


I literally spent all of my class today brainstorming in the back of my notebook.

I'm trying to figure out what all I need to do, the total chronology of it all/suggested reading order, and what I can do to make the stuff I'm dragging on more inviting. And I did come up with stuff! I'm still weighing options for Magic & Mercenaries, but I might have found an angle that lets me at least try to incorporate both sides. There just might have to be a lot of little side stories, like the M&M version of Pearls and Brimstone. (That there's already a candidate for a title for that series suggests that this is a done deal. Hi, Dark Arts.)

I think I need to find a chaos element in Riahda, where M&M takes place. I also need an actor or two. Someone who makes things happen and drives the storyline. Until I get these things, M&M remains simmering on the back burner.


I did some thinking for LLMM, too, since that's coming up next. I have a particular scene in mind that might be a little too off in the future to really meet LLMM's storyline. I have some side characters that qualify as actors now after the initial crisis is dealt with.

And there's a Demigods sequel brewing that actually addresses more of the demigods' culture of self-destruction.


I have too much on my writer plate. This isn't even touching poD. Blah.

No comments: