Wednesday, May 12, 2010

all these voices in my ears

Word count: 45404
Project: D&S

Wrote 2853 last night! ...And then could not get my head to shut up. At all. For hours. I did the Inna scene, and it's... vague. Kinda clusterfucky. This will all be sooo much better after they're all done, and then I can decide whether to leave them independent or merge them all into one Super Story.

I'm inclined to leave them independent, just for management's sake, and because it will make me learn how to explain without gratuitous exposition fairies. I'm finding foreshadowing and allusions to be one of my favorite hobbies recently.

However: problem. And that problem is that several of my voices are merging together. They're distinct when I look at them, but one random bunny can seamlessly merge into another. NR can go straight into MOL, because of similar dynamics. D&S and Firestarter are pretty bad. Sinistral and SAO, though, can never blend with anything. HOORAY, I CAN BE UNIQUE. I have this frustrating feeling that I'm trying to write the same stupid story a thousand different ways, and I probably am, and I'm going to keep coming up with new angles until I finally pin it down. I'm hoping, hopinghopinghoping, that EG is it. It's broad enough, yet focused since I've split it into six different stories, that it can encapsulate a lot.

And then there's poD. :/ I hate that it's a fanfiction and will more than likely go nowhere.

But yay, D&S! That's winding down. And what is my climax, here? What am I trying to say? I wish I had that pinned down. You'd think busting Ana free would be it, but there is infinitely more action in the Inna scene. And there'll be a bunch of drama when Jase shows up.

I'm afraid of the editing for EG already.

No comments: