Tuesday, October 7, 2008

nano dilemma

Project: ---
Page: ---

Sooo.

Do I continue with the largely epic plotbunnyofDOOM.doc for NaNo this year, or do I switch tracks entirely and go with something else? Because I have options. Don't know how feasible they are, but I do have options.


poD.doc is well known, has a few people asking to read it, and I'm confident I could completely FINISH the sunnovabitch this year. I do not think it has significantly more than 50k left in it. However, there are a few major threads dangling that I'd have to resolve, and I'm not sure I could do that satisfactorily in a NaNo situation. However--I want it done.

There's Disturbia, which basically consists of antiheroes and a fantasy world that is really nothing but cynicism and some satire thrown in for flavor. I really like those characters and the world, and NaNo would provide a wonderful kick to get it going.

There's Unnamed1 that was basically prompted after I saw a picture of Nicholas II's family in the Winchester House in San Jose. It's vague, unrealized, and little more than a 'what if' type of curiosity at this point (IN OCTOBER WHY AM I STRESSING ABOUT NANO ALREADY WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.) However, the amount of research would be a good exercise--if I ever decided between using original characters or going straight-up historical fiction.

I could finish Sinistral, which is... well, already well on the road to being finished and has plenty of juice.

There's Start All Over, whose muses are on a well-deserved vacation after spitting out dozens of tens of thousands of words over the summer.


I think the battle is really narrowed down to poD, Disturbia, and Unnamed1. poD out of habit and wailing desire to finish the damn thing already, Disturbia because I want some fresh air and some motivation to write it, and Unnamed1 because... it's different? So maybe it's just between poD and Disturbia.

And damn it, poD needs a real name. x_x

No comments: