Project: doom! actually, I don't know what I'll call this, but doom sounds good for now.
Page: 8
So I started doom. The cynical fairy tail from hell. Where nothing is sacred and no one's a good guy. I put the first scene, about 1000 words, up on LJ. I like how it writes: informal, but there's no skimping on description when I feel like it. It's fairly concise. There's not a lot of flowery description, although I'm conscious of mentioning every sense I can. I'm really working on the word building, and as much show-not-tell as possible. And I actually really like my opening scene! But then, what's not to like about a character starting off by ranting about the social norm of clothing and another one swearing and prowling a store looking for a periwinkle shirt and settling on cerise?
Anyway, it's now SIX EFFING O'CLOCK and I'd like to not be completely nocturnal.
Tonight: 3256
Total: 3256
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment