Wednesday, July 16, 2008

ADD for the win

Project: meh
Page: 62


This needs a real title, or at least something better than MEH. Come on now, self.

Anyway, last night on a lark I wrote 783, just finishing up the scene I left hanging. It did remind me how much I love this one. Megan has a fun voice and I love her family.

I didn't let myself go to bed until I hit 5k tonight, since I've flirted with the line a few times lately, and because the words were just flowing. And now it is 6:42 (disregard the time stamp on this entry; this window has been open forever) and I have written exactly 5k. I mean it; I've quite literally gone from 23,000 to 28,000.

The thing that surprises me the most is the character interaction (go figure... is it obvious I have a kink yet?). Adam is snarky as usual and he's great, but JD&Megan just makes me happy. I haven't written proper relaxed flirting in ages. I didn't intend on that happening this early, if at all, but hey, whatever happens. This is fluff to me. I am drawing so heavily from the horse fiction I used to read.

However, imagine the force of the shock when JD proclaimed he wanted All or Nothing (Theory of a Deadman), my current favorite song. I guess it could suit him. He does/did have something of a lower ego (I don't know). Gooo figure.

I'm glad these muses woke up. :)

No comments: