Thursday, June 23, 2011

that was a lot of writing.

Word count: 11687
Project: Liquid Confidence

Yes, that was all written yesterday. I wrote 1k, was slightly dissatisfied, went and did other stuff, and realized that I need another or a different POV. So I have 2, rather than waste time rewriting that 1k. And as you'd expect for 11.5k in like two different sessions, it's sloppy and all over the place. I'll probably delete and reroute a lot. Like, no, actually, you do not need to be that neurotic, hush.

And now the writer brain is kicking in, looking for hidden metaphors to polish up and themes and some actual redeeming point to all this beyond Rachel had a song stuck in her head then a related dream and wrote it all down. It has potential. Which is cool, because go me, and also sad, because sometimes I don't want to put a ton of effort into things. #overachiever

Whoo. Short story practice! ...Okay let's be honest, novelette practice. I can almost never stay under 10k.

No comments: