Project:
I'm rereading/occasionally editing as needed the NaNo. This means I join my separated compound words (this was unintentional, I swear) and correct typos.
“Well, that was anticlimactic.” Ana observed as she got into Reqel’s car after school.
“Nothing happen?” Reqel asked. Drew gave her a brief rundown of the encounter with Yuli. “Oh. Well, yeah, when you set someone on fire, people tend to give you some space. Just in case you set them on fire. People aren’t very good at reasoning skills.”
“So clearly,” Drew said optimistically, “the answer is to set at least one person on fire a day.”
“Yes.” Reqel said, just as seriously.
---
After agreeing that Ana’s mood needed rectifying, Ana was brought to the apartment. Reqel whistled, as if for a dog, and scooped up Spaz when he came running. She thrust the squirming black kitten at Ana. “Here. Play. Smile, damn it, or I’ll electrocute you until you grimace enough to look like a smile.” Then she disappeared into her bedroom.
Ana awkwardly held Spaz, who batted at her hair. “And people wonder why I just don’t get along with others as well anymore.”
“Just tell them that nearly being sacrificed to a made up volcano god really changed the way you think,” Drew suggested. He sat down and Spaz kicked impatiently. Ana dropped him and Spaz plunged into Drew’s lap for their wrestling routine. Ana sat on the couch with Lady, who did not need to bloody something to have a good time.
These are the messages I pass on.

No comments:
Post a Comment