Word count: 134250
Project: G&H
I fully admit this is two novels by now. I'm onto an entirely different plot line. Maybe even a third. I'm just not sure where the separation is, or how the arcs are actually formed.
And so we meet Tory. Who is not the M&M Toby, by a long shot- Toby is a badass gunslinger who is bromancing with Jayn at the exclusion of Chaz, because C is the girl between the three of them. Tory is a total flamer.
Here is what we know about him so far:
He was, by committee, picked to shadow Ana throughout the day.
He is one of the rare ghosts who can strike back at necromancers and nearly made a posthumous living out of it until he got a stern talking to in hell.
Brit thinks he's hot.
He thinks Drew is hot.
He is a theater geek/snob.
He is Drew's new roommate on 8th St.
His 'ability' has to do with why he's dead in the first place.
He is chatty, brilliant, and handsome, in no particular order.
He comes off as a total flake, but he is a total Bad Ass when he feels like it.
He met Drew when Drew was busy meeting the other heavyhitters of 8th St on his own, as told, and Drew figured that another ghost impervious to local necro interference probably qualified. They've hung out ever since.
I am not entirely sure how Drew sees/hears him. Because Drew was previously a ghost? Deus ex machina? Tory's fluky skill?
To do:
Father-daughter chat (dead people, bf, mom's reaction after a/r)
Asked out by Josh, leading to the bad-day prewritten
Tory earns his keep
Yuli is teary-eyed and silent
-A: what's it say that my two closest friends right now are either dead or have recently been dead?
T: normally, I'd say it's questionable, but it's me, and I'm fabulous, and it's him, and he is worth every sigh you think I don't hear, so...
A: TORY
-Ad: go 'head. if you're not safe between the two of them, you were fucked anyway.
-T: Yo.
-A: SO THAT'S WHERE HE LEARNED THAT FROM
I am really tempted to hook Tory and Dahvi up.
And holy crap, Tory is loud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment