Project: DI and M&M
I wrote in the Dear ___ thread on the NaNo forums "*bribes*" and apparently I used straight cocaine, because holyy hell did I get work done. 6 RP posts and a lot of brain storming on DI and M&M.
The post before this was for M&M, which is gonna be a doozy, but a really nostalgia-soaked one. Cass will be the universe's buttmonkey until she gets her head out of her ass; she'll come to realize, eventually, with Celisia's help, that despite her former socio-economic standing she's really not that big of a bad ass and they'll both switch to the staff track; Jassily, gaining her independence with Adalyn and both exploring this thing called "hormones," will stay on the field
As for DI, this is going to be the hardest to make stand on its own. It fills in the blanks about how and why the Gifted eat it, sets up for that second Disturbia idea I had, establishes why Jassily and Cass go to SEJC, provides background and conclusion for the Fire Island politicking with Oksana, and really the only thing that happens is Ana and Drew. I hate that it's going to be the weak one and I wish I knew how to fix it without bloating the hell out of it. It's all subtle, is the thing: lots about independence and taking control of your own life and making do with what you have. There is not a lot of action. I mean, it's named Divine Intervention for a reason, but it's basically a behind-the-scenes look at the divine intervening. :/
However, I do know now that all of the fun stuff on Ana's side--her present from Zultanna and accepting being permanently marked by brimstone, how she feels about Drew haunting her, Adam's reaction to brimstone on his sister, and Reqel's empathy--doesn't have a place to go, so it'll probably end up as pearls and brimstone 4... which is kind of perfect, oddly enough, and I love how this all ties together.
But you know what's the most interesting? I think this is finally the story I want to tell. It's... encompassing everything I think I've ever tried to say. (love.)

No comments:
Post a Comment