Thursday, November 27, 2008

for last night

Page: 72
Word Count: 57319
Words Left: 2681


Oh, this is practically in the bag. But I'm not validating until I hit 60k, or until the last second, because I want to see how high I can go.

I did go reading, the whole thing, and some editing. Almost every other page needed something, but mostly it was just a typo or I had left a word out. I am so prone to that. >.< So actually, doing that raised my word count by 50-75. And then I wrote another 5k, so that worked out. (Actually, 5408) Oh, and I was writing on codeine. ^_^;

Plotwise, I've started the wheels going on the major thing, the planned coup. There's more Jarik-characterization than I saw coming, which I have no problem with, and Analinn is settling into herself. She's actually acting like the badass I've insisted she was, and her mother is actually respecting her for it. Some of my more peripheral characters are getting screen time (Tanel, Ridan). I'm fairly confident I'm getting the point across, in that nothing about this is idyllic, and that happy endings require work and sacrifice.

There's still so much more I have to tell, though! Linnana learning not to be a bitch, Janae, Tristan has to get arrested, there has to be some major finale but I'm not set on what that will be...

I'm not sure how marketable or awesome these will be. But I'm having fun. And that's all that matters.

No comments: