Thursday, September 29, 2011

32 days?!

Word count:
Project:


NO NO NO HOLD UP I'M NOT READY.

GUH.

Okay. The two Pokemanz are set up. I'm still terrified of the 50kday and it's sure as hell not happening because I sort of have a full-time job, sorry, but I do want that drink, so I'll try. The two Pokemanz should get me at least through the first part of the month, including the Atlanta weekend. Not worried about that, although I should sketch them both out a little more so I don't have to think, just write. Pondering what comes next takes way too much time. All I need is a pre-decided general gist and a destination, with a few benchmarks, and I'm golden. So... I need my benchmarks. These two would be Fire and Dragons, respectively.

The third, reserved for #50kweekend, is that terrorist/freedom fighter thing that I'm contemplating now. I'm thinking about making it somewhere totally fantasy, because otherwise I have to do a lot of research on European flora and travel times on foot and by boat. (What kind of boat, Rachel? DECIDE. Sail? Gas is expensive. This is not a galley ship and boats do not just magically float somewhere.) If I made it up, I could pattern it off of Europe but be able to make up all my own details, and not be wrong for it. I'd keep the very nationally themed names (I guess if for no other justifiable reason than the clear ethnic/national divide) but probably not anything else. I like easy. Also, it needs a name. I named the first part of it, when I was just exploring, Flashback but I have no real reason for that name and I'm hesitant to make that a tag just yet. Doom it is, tag-wise.

However. I don't know how long the first 2 will take to write. I can honestly see them being done in about a week each, give or take a few days. Depends on how many 5-digit days I get. [Doom] is reserved for #50kweekend. So... I need a backup plan.

EG will probably be it. I could finish V&W FOR FINALLY. I could work on C&C. I have all sorts of potential with that 'verse, as detailed a few posts below. It's a beautiful emergency plan because the world and characters are already so standardized. No thought involved. Just words.


Yipe. Why is this so imminent? Must finish planning [Doom].

No comments: