Sunday, November 28, 2010

50kweekend day 2

Word count: 136156
Project: G&H


14376 today. :( BUT. Football. Worth it.

Confession: Yes, I did have some prewritten material for this novel from this summer, before I knew I'd be NaNo-ing it. HOWEVER, I wasn't going to use it in my NaNo word count. I figured when I got there, I'd mark the place it went and put it in later. It was only about 5k, which honestly isn't enough to make a difference to me anymore.

Well, I'm there. And I looked at it. And guess what? Due the rampant pantsing from #50kweekend, it doesn't even fit anymore. None of it. Wrong tone, wrong formatting, wrong characters, wrong everything. That solves that!

I'm not even sure that the climax is the same anymore. And wtf, I think I've flirted with every taboo except bestiality. This is supposedly something like YA, but it's just as dark, if not darker, than Animorphs.

...RIP, outline. I'll miss you.

No comments: