Friday, December 21, 2007

organizational joy

Hello, I am not dead!

Concert series is over, finals are over, and I did gloriously well on them. I'm still excited. And since I'm not doing NaNoFiMo or anything else well, organized, this blog's purpose is being slightly changed. It's still primarily a writing blog, but it's no longer a NaNoWriMo blog. I'll be writing about poD (oh, I'd love a name) and my other plot monsters. I'll be frank: I write best when I'm multitasking. I have maybe four other projects, all monstrous in their own rights, going at any given time. It's fun stuff. That said, here's what's up:

I've merged my NaNo, my pathetic attempt at a FiMo, and the original. It was well over 400 pages, and I wish I was kidding when I say there's at least two more major arcs to go before I consider wrapping this up. So I've split them up into more reasonable chunks, because editing needs to happen too. I'm up to five.

I: The Orange Flower. Named after the shipwreck that the arc hinges on. It's, without any significant editing, 110 pages and 53,690 words.
II: Critical Mass. Because when all else fails I revert back to scientific or musical terms. Without editing, it's at 178 pages and 91,935 words. That will probably be broken up further.
III: Reset (interlude). Short. 24 pages, 24,093 words.
IV: The Road Less Traveled. The brunt of this year's NaNo. 47 pages, 30,441 words.
V: Inertia. (remember the scientific/musical thing?) Currently at roughly 21,000 words and 34 pages, but it's not done yet. It's nearing completion, though.

Note: I and II, up to 100,000 words combined, were last year's NaNo attempt. I was on a roll so I extended it to two months, 100k. And hit it with 3 days to spare; thus my very basic effort this year.

So when I write about what I'm doing, I'll be referring to those individual arcs. I can't believe one storyline for me basically equates, more or less, to a novel. What is wrong with me?

I would do a great many things for a name about now. I'll probably revert to something musical. It's just where my adjectival knowledge is greatest.


Other things, to be expounded upon later should I get the whim: my other huge and completely unorganized and completely-for-fun (this is actually kind of work for me) fanfiction experiment, North River; the first epic original work Quadriduum (it's got 4 books; I'm 1.75 in); the Armageddon idea I mentioned earlier that will be merged with a half-conceived bunny about a rock band; and something else that really needs an identifier besides 'meh part 2a.' I'm serious. I can be disgustingly uncreative.


And I'm off to edit. I don't know where I'll start, but I know I haven't gone over the NaNo portions at all so they need the most work. I'll probably bounce back and forth.

That said, I'm gonna look for a good breaking point in II.

No comments: